I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

17/01/06 WORMS AMONG MY PEAS

This unfortunate incidents happened yesterday. Before I set out for my try out at Curry Favour, mum cooked some organic beans and carrots for me to eat with my brown rice. Being organic vegetables, it means they were grown entirely with natural soil. No chemical pesticides or fertilisers involved in the whole farming process.

The beans looks delicious, fat supple peas lying side by side in each green shiny pod. I took my first pod and started chewing happily, commenting to my mum, "Mee ah, you forgot to de-string them issit, got the veiny texture...pui....EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! AAAARrrHHHHHH!"
See the mushed up worm among the mashed peas? That's what I pui out from my mouth when I realise my bean's texture is far to un-vege like. It was a fat green caterpillar I think.
Mummy, "Wah! good ah! got caterpillar means these beans are truly organic! Never use pesticides one! Very good for health. Worms can eat one lah, tv also got show."

I mean, she is right in a way, this little worm is probably cleaner and healthier than most human beings, its an organic worm :p

I went on to peel open every single pod before eating the whole bean, and found ANOTHER fat green caterpillar in one of the pods. That bean, my mum swiftly grabbed with one hand and threw into the bin, for fear that I'll stop eating.

"They very poor thing hoh, vegetarians all their life then kena stir-fried by you and photographed by me."

"They all eat until so fat and happy, never mind one lah."

I gingerly continued to peel open another pod and this time found a skinny brown fellow that hadn't fattened up yet.

Another juicy bean pod wasted.

We both laughed at the irony of the situation, it used to be so freaking awful to find a worm among our vegetables. Most of our vegetables and meat are so laden with poisonous pesticides and chemical fertilisers nowadays that even strong hardy worms cannot survive among the plots. We're slowly poisoning ourselves with modern day growing and preservation methods. Now, it seems like the natural way (but really wormy expensive :( way) is the way to go manz.

Talking about healthy food, mum made this unique dish the other day.


Cashew Nut porridge soup with Broccoli, really really light and tasty!

5 Comments:

At January 17, 2006 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the last thing I would ever wanna see in my food, because I will stop eating that dish on that day, and beware of it again the next time before I eat it..

haha..

 
At January 17, 2006 11:05 PM, Blogger Piyo said...

:p How can stop?! Then waste the whole plate of food mummy cook...cannot~~~~

 
At January 19, 2006 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad leh, I will get turned off because I would feel gross..

 
At February 16, 2007 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 
At February 28, 2007 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105