I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

15/03/06 NO MORE BUFFETS?

The ambience was refreshingly cosy and chic, with all the stations as open kitchens managed by chefs.


Sashimi was sliced on the spot, Indian nans oven baked within a glass enclosure, a splendid spread of desserts which I couldn't finish sampling. There was Italian, Japanese, Indian, Thai , Salad and cheese stations but yet I still feel something lacking.


Worst thing that happened was...I found a string in the Thai Tung Hoon. I indicated that to the waiter, he apologized, then another waiter came over to collect my plate to show the chef, he apologized as well. Then a female manager came over to check with me and my friends how we are doing, she apologised as well. At the end of the day, no discount...chey.

Okie, Melt The World Cafe has one redeeming point tonight, their waffle rocks, their chocolate made me happy too. Their waffle prepared by the young chef was simply fantastic. Crispy on the outside with a fluffy texture in between. Slap on a huge ball of whipped cream and get sent straight to heaven.

Maybe I should quit buffets, I'm starting to get fleshy :( And buffet food somehow is not satisfying me anymore. Maybe quality is inversely proportional to quantity, food prepared in large amounts just don't taste as good. Thanks for the suggestion Distantstar, I'll go try that restaurant one day! Looks good~

By the way, I watched Nanny Mcphee with Deardeer after Fort left that night, really cute movie...we love it.

3 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 3:28 PM, Blogger AlphaMe said...

Hi there... I chance upon your blog... I must say that you have a pretty pink blog there. I wanna wish you well and remember... stay cheerful always! Hugs!

 
At March 16, 2006 6:29 PM, Blogger Cavalock said...

Its been awhile since I been to a buffet….this is making me hungry….

 
At March 17, 2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Piyo said...

Good buffets like the one in Market Cafe of Raffles The Plaza, provides not only quantity but also great quality and so much variety!!! Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105