I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Monday, March 06, 2006

06/03/06 FACING IT

Did so much thinking...or rather having so much depressed thoughts these few days, it's taking a toll on everyone. My friends are right, my family is right, dear is right, I gotta get out of this horrible cycle of negativity. I still cannot accept the prognosis that my condition is that bad, but seems like everyone's got a fate, I have to start learning how to deal with mine.

Mummy brought me to Tong Zhi Hospital today to seek help with TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). The physician prescribed some 16 different kinds of herbs to be boiled by mummy and for me to take a huge bowl day and night. Bitter beyond words for sure.

There were numerous aunties and uncles there with cancer there. In NCC(National Cancer Centre) SGH last Thursday, I overheard nurses saying every single day, they have more than 10 new cases of cancer patients. Is cancer really going to become a more common sight than flu? I don't know, I just symphatise with all those who have to go through chemo like myself. Everyone out there, do get health checks regularly to ensure you keep your body in good condition k.


Called Minling to talk about what my doctor said. We were on the verge of silence/tears/dunnoe what when I tried to sound more positive and start complaining about what the Chinese Physician said I couldn't eat.

Me: She say I must avoid chicken (mummy says duck also), beef and lamb eh, that means I can only eat pork?

Minling: HUH?! Like that malay cancer patients how?!

Me: (questions mummy who walked past) mummy ...malay cancer patients how huh? They cannot eat pork leh.

Mummy: They never see 中医 how they know all these!

Minling and me were extremely satisfied with this hilarious but totally logical answer.

By the way, mummy also added that we could all eat fish though the physician mentioned that fish originally without scales are not as desirable.

I have stopped taking pictures for quite a few days, miss my white casio baby...

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2007 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105