I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Monday, February 27, 2006

27/02/06 NIGHT OF 15/2

Continuation of " this " <---- click click Walked to Hotel 1929, the famous boutique hotel and it's award winning Restaurant Ember~ Cool place...just that it's quite small. Had a dessert wine, a pan-seared foie gras and basil banana crepe with ice-cream.



This time, the foie gras is GOOD. A very thin crispy layer of skin and when I cut into it, it's all melty and buttery inside. Instead of the weird smell I got the last time I ate at Zuko in Siglap, it's a very light oily fragrance with this piece of goose liver...definite YUM. A bit of sea salt was sprinkled on it and that really brought out the taste of the crispy skin.

Underneath the foie gras is some caramelized apple cubes, soft and sweet. Dear had an interesting dessert with Vanilla bean ice-cream (very rich vanilla flavour with specks of the real stuff!) Basil mixed into crepe batter then wrapped around bananas in caramel proved to be a successful combination! Only downside is the droplets of basil sauce around the dessert which Dear avoided carefully as they tasted too strong.

Are dessert wines suppose to be very small in amount? We were given a teeny weeny serving of sweet clear wine in a normal sized wine glass. LOL. Overall, food good but a lil on the pricey side.

After Ember, dear felt like having a bit of red wine and I remembered this little place near Club 95 which we walked past last time. It looks so beautiful I just gotta go in!!!

The right bottom corner is a picture of the exterior of the bar/cafe, my kind of place! Full of crippling greenery, so romantic~~ The 1st storey interior where we sat is the picture on the left bottom corner. They even have a feathered chandelier on the 2nd storey! I mean, a crystal chandelier is cool but one with white fluffy feathers is way way cool!

We enjoyed our spanish red wine (I could only have a few kiss-like sips as usual), cheese platter with carrot and celery sticks, and also pate which is also goose liver but canned. I definitely prefer foie gras to pate, the canned ones just don't do it for me. Oh yah, had loads of bread...dear even made me a ring with a slice of it. Proposal failed...cos I ate the ring ;P

1 Comments:

At February 27, 2006 6:10 PM, Blogger caroline duke said...

thanks for the nice comment, docile! i am enjoying reading your blog, as well, and i am awed by your strength.

also, for the record: your hair is beautiful and is very flattering on you. and, wawa is adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105