I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

21/02/06 WAY OVERDUE POST ON V DAY

I have so many pictures to post!!! Wanted to make it a special V day for Deardeer so decided to cook V day dinner...heehee. First the ingredients!

I bought 3 different kinds of fresh mushrooms, portobello, brown button and white! Farfalle~~~which is the butterfly/bowtie shaped pasta, Carbonara sauce made from bacon bits, egg, cream, cheese and onion...yum yum! Parmesan cheese is a must, and not forgetting Italian herb flakes!

It's really simple to cook actually. I boiled the pasta till its Q Q then soak it in ice water, drain it and sprinkle with lots of herbs for the flavour to soak in.


They look so cute!

I cut the fresh mushrooms into slices, some into quarters thus umbrella and heart shaped, some of the brown buttons are small so left them alone :p The sauce and mushrooms must be boiled slowly together so they taste extra yummy!


Simmering into the loveliest sauce!

Lastly I just tossed the creamy sauce with the pasta, then sprinkle lots n lots of parmesan cheese on top. Packed the results into 2 transparent boxes, one for deardeer and me, one for mummy and papa. Booked movie tickets for them at Tampines mall, hee! So they had a Valentine's Day dinner that I prepared too~!

The way Deardeer ate our dinner was pretty ravenous, so no scary pictures to show ;P

Met her outside Starbucks at PS that evening in her favourite pink sequinned woolly bare-backed top.


My wig looks weird hoh?

After juice and dinner at Starbucks, we went to pick up tickets for BrokeBack Mountain, and she bought me Godiva Chocs! After Prestat, I'm finally trying Godiva! Ok, actually I only like dusted truffles but I still picked some waxy feel ones just to see if they are any good.


Happy me and Godiva!

There were many more pictures of me devouring the chocolates and also whipped cream from Gelare, but in order not to 破坏形象, I decided against posting them up.

Brokeback Mountain is pretty touching as it focuses on the topic love and gender orientation acceptance. The last part about the shirts made me cry :( Overall, movie date was romantic and intimate.

Deardeer was super sweet the whole night, maybe because I was wearing her fave top? Or is it because I was all pink and demure? (pink eyeshadow, pink blusher, pink lipgloss, pink top, pink nailpolish...pink monster) Definitely because you're always super sweet. ^_^

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 11:15 AM, Blogger ah bao said...

i want to learn how to cook that pasta too...simple and delicious to mi!! where did go to do all those shopping? cold storage?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105