I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

09/02/06 I ATE SIGLAP

*LOUD Laughter* My ambition yesterday was to eat the whole of Siglap up. Meimei so nice invite me to TP to watch singing competition and vote for the singers. Her friends quite fun, all the good looking people *stress*. I was thinking the competitors on the stage must be looking at us and feeling relieved in their hearts: At least I got a good voice! This world is so cruel!

Okiez, enough of crap. When Feng was off work, I swiftly made my way out of TP and went to Siglap with her on my mission! Remembered my favourite SuperStar Carebear did a show in this restaurant that sells foie gras somewhere along Siglap (East Coast Road). In my 25 years of eating, I have not tasted a lot of food and French is one big mystery to me.

I always thought French food is expensive, pretentious and small in portion. Now with all the free time I have to surf about food, I am yet so tempted to try more!! So there, went to this Zuko restaurant last night and tried my first piece of foie gras. I thought it was suppose to be all buttery, fatty, tender, melt-in-the-mouth soft but no leh, just a bit soft with a light weird smell. Disappointing one. *sulks*

The Portebello mushroom salad with Balsamic dressing was fantastic though. Waaah when I bit into the sour sauce soaked fat mushroom flesh, love it. Me and Feng eyed the last piece of mushroom and we finally decided to share it, hee.

There were so many write-ups from magazines for this small restaurant pasted on its window, but how come the foie gras taste like that?? Is it the chef no good? Is it the liver not fresh? Or is it really suppose to taste 'just like that'? I was so tempted to make a trip down to the award winning Ember Restaurant in Hotel 1929 straight after Zuko and Feng so sweetly agreed to accompany me.

Ubuh then again, with no reservations, we decided not to. Soldier on to conquer Siglap!

Bought a Shepherd's Pie from the famous Pie Factory (it's actually a shop not a real big factory thing), and it was yummy but maybe partly due to the msg bah :p At least it filled up our tummy a bit before we continue to explore other eateries.

Walked on and on and saw so many restaurants, japanese, vietnamese, american, thai etc... some we tried, some we were just not interested in. Right At the very very end of the whole road is a cheesecake cafe and beside it, we found The Liquid Kitchen that sells escargots! Yeah!

We like the place so much. Got alfresco area, got air-conditioned smoking area and also non-smoking dining area in the inner hall! There was even a hip and cool futuristic section upstairs but it was not open last night. The menu so interesting, they even have ice-cream alcoholic cocktails. We bounced ourselves on the plush cushion chairs (even the menus were cushioned) and started to totally enjoy The Liquid Kitchen experience.

In order to avoid overloading of pictures again, I did some work and viola! Nice compositions hoh? :p

We sat in the area in the left picture and the middle one is how the place looks like from the outside. They played acid jazz most of the time, which I like~~~~ Me and Feng felt so comfortable at that place because there were basically no other tables occupied in the non-smoking area, everyone else seems to smoke ... duh. Anyway, we were so at ease, crapping and laughing so loudly, it was so fun!!! Can't wait for Raffles The Plaza night to come, thinking about the smiling to sleep part and wrinkled face in the morning crap just makes me smile to myself.

We had half a dozen escargots with very nice mash potato underneath and a bunch of vege 'planted' on top. Feng joked that it looks like the snails are crawling around in a garden. The escargots were ok, but I think more cheese melted into the shells will make the dish better. It was a tad dry.

Then we spotted Feng's favourite Chorizo sausage! When it came, we were a bit taken aback cos we only used to have super dried chorizos as sides to red wine. What was served was plump sausage slices swimming in tomato sauce. It was very nice though, hahahaha no complains.

Dessert was banana bread with cashew nut banana ice-cream! The ice-cream was GOOD. The cripsy thing on top of it failed. We had a glass of red wine too, though I was only allowed baby sips that barely wet my lips, okie...I was satisfied, better than none right!

Anyone knows where got very very good foie gras??

3 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Mezza9 in Hyatt!! :) Yummy.

 
At February 12, 2006 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try experimenting at home... I will eat wateva u cook ......YUMMY YUMMY

 
At March 06, 2007 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105