I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Monday, February 13, 2006

13/02/06 AMUSED BY V DAY

I was documenting my 3 days 2 nights at Raffles The Plaza when I realise there are so many things and pictures I want to record, it's going to take a long time! LOL...just compiling my pictures of food is a lot of work but so fun. Think I'll need another day to be able to finish all my recording. I love to blog! It's like a chance to totally recollect whatever happened and relishing every single bit of the happiness all over again. Mmmmm....*smiles with eyes closed*

Anyway, Valentine's day is round the corner and as I flipped the papers or watched the news, I can't help but feel so amused! Businessmen wastes no time to take advantage of this lovely notion of V day to squeeze money out of couples' pockets! Exorbitant price tags on dinners during Christmas, New Years and then now V day when it's not even a public holiday? Then hotel packages up by folds as well tomorrow.

Why are Singaporeans suckers? Are they so insecure about relationships they have to use twice the amount of money to celebrate LOVE which could be celebrated any day and any way? Any girl remotely romantic should laugh out loud if her lover presents her with the cliche bouquet of flowers on V day itself. Laugh out loud to hide the insanity or stupidity of the act.

Other gifts maybe, like a travel trip to Europe or some item which the price is not intentionally hiked up to extortional proportions. I present the most intimate, private, romantic, usual-priced way to spend V day outside the home.....A Movie! Of course we should not spend V day at home. Wouldn't it be fun just to go out and laugh at stupid men who bought roses for their girlfriends? I can't wait to just jump out on the streets tomorrow and giggle at the sight of silly Singaporean men.

Okiez, back to the movies. Pick a movie with love in it of course. Please don't bring your girlfriend to watch police-catch-thief, Jet Li- punch- men-to-death, kids-fight-with-parents, gross-dead-in-fog kind of show on V day. I suggest Brokeback Mountain, Match point or Walk The Line.

I will definitely watch BB mountain, how can anyone miss a Lee Ang?! It's got a sad ending though, but a beautiful process of love, like most gay movies *sigh* I was considering Match Point because it's by Woody Allen the genius. Paiseh to say that I've not exactly watched in full any Woody Allen's movies, so it's one of the things I must quickly do before I leave this world. As for Walk The Line, some of it's posters featuring Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix really attracts me. This black and white, music, drugs, love mood thingy...very tempting.

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2006 3:10 PM, Blogger tanner said...

haha i wish more femmes would think that way.
but sadly they dont.
if their bfs or gfs dare to suggest sthg like swensens or pasta mania on that "special" day its doomsday .

 
At February 13, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger tanner said...

anyways. HELLO PAT meimei.
lol

 
At February 14, 2006 9:39 AM, Blogger ah bao said...

huh? u better dun laugh at mi n vincent if u see us on the street ok?

 
At March 02, 2006 1:28 PM, Blogger the baker said...

do watch Walk the Line! it's really good and so touching. Matchpoint's good too. Catch them both soon why don't you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105