I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Friday, March 03, 2006

03/03/06 HOPE?

This is a very mentally painful period for me, I just seen Dr See yesterday and my chemo drug is changed again. Now I have chemo almost every week, only resting one week after every two weeks of chemo. The side effects this time is pain, similar to the first type of drug I used.

The pain has not come yet, is said to set in after the 3rd day of chemo. I remembered how it was like, all over my body...feels like someone's pulled out the raw nerves and rubbed them with both fingers to and fro. I don't know how to face it besides waiting for it to come and go, then again next week then again the following.

When I was sitting down on the chair with the tube in my arm yesterday, looking helplessly at the clock. Knowing that I will be connected to the bags of medicine through the tube for 1 and a half hours, drove me mad. I wanted to scream and jump out of the chair but I couldn't. It was extremely fustrating, so much so I contemplated death.

After the chemo, I went to see Dr See again. I needed to know where all these treatments are leading me to.

Me: What are the chances of my recovery?

Dr: Out of a hundred, about fifty will get to go into remission.

Me: Then how long does these fifty get to survive?

Dr: The cancer comes back after a few months after they go into remission, the survival span is around 1-2 years.

Me: That means I only have 1-2 years? I will not get to live past 30 years old? I'm only 25.

Dr: (Nods her head with tears in her eyes.)

Me: Then how will I die?

Dr: Most will eventually suffer from kidney failure from the fluid build-up then go into a coma and die.

Me: Even dialysis will not help?

Dr: (Nods her head with tears in her eyes.)

There was nothing I could ask anymore. All I could do was cry and that's what I do on and off since last night till now. My family is 100% supportive and Dear came over to lie beside me and watch me fall asleep before she went home.

I am thankful for everything I have. However, the thought of having such a short time to live and probably having to tolerate chemo during long periods of whatever life I have just scares me so much.

I thought the most beautiful part of my life just started, me and Dear finally managed to get together again. We have the financial ability to get a flat, live together and build a wonderful future, go travelling and see the world in each other's eyes. I wanted to take good care of my parents and give my mummy the best years an old lady can ever get. Now all these crumbles and seem so impossible.

11 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I chanced upon this blog one day and I'd like to offer my few words of encouragement..
I am not foreign to the sufferings of cancer patients, although not first-hand. All I can say is hang on to every sliver of hope there is; live each day to the fullest and as it comes. Take care of the short-run, and the long-run would take care of itself. Chin up, girl!

Best wishes...

 
At March 03, 2006 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed with Anonymous: live everyday to the fullest! And don't think so much about the things you can't control.. spend the time doing the things you enjoyed instead!

Take care!

 
At March 03, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Lo5tWi5h said...

idiot la ericcccccccc wad i wanna sae u sae liaooooo..... can only introduce myself lo.
hi pat's sister! peter here! being happy everyday is all that matters!

 
At March 03, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger shaz said...

hi docile.
thanks for dropping by my blog. You have amazing strength.

 
At March 03, 2006 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi and *HUUUUUUUUUG* take care. i agree with what the people above said, do hope each day brings its strength. it will.

 
At March 04, 2006 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi docile. I chanced upon your blog on day through another blog.
I just want to tell you :
Don't give up! and never never believe in the conservative estimation doctors say. You will get well, if you determine to! So many people have exceeded the "estimation" dr provided. You must fight for yourself too.Think about your family and loved ones...
Life is so beautiful, so don't give up! All the pain will pass and make you better and stronger.
Jia you.

I will keep you in my prayer,
Mandy

 
At March 05, 2006 3:02 AM, Blogger the baker said...

Dear Docile,

I salute you for being so strong throughout this ordeal. You have my atmost admiration. I've never been through what you've been through but I know that it sure as hell is tough living each day. Time is ticking away... minutes, seconds, milliseconds probably are priceless to you.

I feel your pain. The thought of leaving behind the people who love you the most. It sure hurts, more than the pain from the aftereffects of your chemo. I've been reading your blog, after I got your link from the comment you left on mine.

My dear, though I don't know you, my heart goes out to you. It's so touching to know that you are not giving up and that you are surrounded by people who love you dearly. That's really good. You know, you really drive home the point that I always repeat to myself: life is short. and to live in fear is not to live at all. I believe in taking every day one at a time.

I'll be praying fervently for you. Trust in God (no matter which religion), and try not to let the thought of dying eat you. You've been so optimistic and do keep at it!

Like what others has said: Fight on. Fight till the end. Mind over matter they always say. The fight isn't over until the curtains are drawn.

I'm glad I read your blog and I will continue reading it. Am glad i inspire you with my food escapades. You know, if you ever see anything you feel like having a taste of, let me know :) I'll be more than happy to share my culinary skills!

You hang in there okay?

cher

 
At March 05, 2006 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay strong. i can see that you are appreciating what you have in life. keep that up. all the best

 
At February 06, 2007 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 
At March 05, 2007 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

 
At April 24, 2007 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! prince george hotels Fitness equipment jobs http://www.free-sex-movie-2.info Xanax sanax online prescription Business web designer Hp digital camera 31 domain Cheap snowboarding jackets sport Update norton anti virus Laser tattoo removal grimes Bft security automatic gates Running race christian poetry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105