I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

11/12 Ahhh...SUNDAY

Most people hang out on weekends. I'm stuck at home.

Was showering and thinking about why chemo scares me. Since the first time I had it, everytime the thought of sitting in that chair still brings about nausea. I suppose its the helplessness, the discomfort and the sudden impact of nausea n weak feeling that hits as the medication flows into the body.

Its too sudden. Just sitting there for the initial few minutes, and I go from feeling like a perfectly normal person to a sick, weak depressed being.

I'm still lucky though. Whenever I'm stuck at home suffering, I'm totally enveloped and protected by my family and Deardeer. Every morning, I get a flask of barley or green bean water to warm up my stomach. If I feel nauseous, meimei n mummy will fuss over me, giving me my pills. They go to the extent of fetching me water n counting the pills I have to take.

After that, its warm breakfast and also fruit juice freshly extracted.Dad will go downstairs to see if he can buy me any snacks I like to lift my mood. This morning its blueberry cheese soft bun.
Dear is on her way back from Batam finally. Just sent me an sms to say she's on the ferry, will look for me once she reaches SG.

I cannot imagine how other cancer patients get on with their lives. If I was destined to be sick this lifetime, I can only thank God for giving me this wonderful family and a perfect girlfriend.

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105