I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Monday, March 20, 2006

20/03/06 MITCH ALBOM

Last week, Fort bought me this book by Mitch Albom, "The Five People You Meet In Heaven". It was interesting, talking about coming to terms with one's life after death. My sister mentioned she read another book by Mitch which is "Tuesdays With Morrie", a book which I decided then I should buy on my own.

Yesterday night, the taxi driver who drove me home chatted with me. He talked about missing his wife who passed away 5 years ago due to lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system).

He talked about how his wife got a strange disease (declining blood cells n liver malfunctioning) 10 over years ago and was going to die. An old lady with no kins resided in the same ward as his wife, and being in pain herself, she still got up to feed the old lady porridge. The very next day, the lonely old lady passed away and miraculously his wife survived for another 10 over years.

I shared with him my doctor's views on my condition and he took out a book from the side of his driver's seat. "Tuesdays With Morrie". Such is fate, we both agreed. It was an old book, obviously drenched and dried once. Ricky, the driver insisted I take it as he had another copy at home and the one I'm holding was given to him by a Canadian friend. He gave me his handphone number in case I needed to talk or return the book.

The story is beautiful, starting with Morrie dying and sharing, ending with his peaceful death. Learning how to die is learning how to live, like Amy Tan says, "I love this book...a true story that shines and leaves you forever warmed by its afterglow." How very true.

I intend to pass on and circulate this beauty, do ask of it from me if you can spare some time to read. :)

4 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happened to chance thru ur blog , I read both the books you've mentioned really good. I am very amazed by your courage and positive attitude. You are a strong girl, God will help u. Don't give up ever

 
At March 21, 2006 10:35 AM, Blogger ah bao said...

wow!!! 真有缘分!

 
At March 21, 2006 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuesdays with Morrie is one of the most amazing books I have read and it helped me through a very rough period. I have the other book too coincidentally!

^tot^

 
At March 03, 2007 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105