I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Friday, March 24, 2006

24/03/06 STOCK TAKE

Yesterday morning, had an urge to re-shape my nails, change my nail colours and smoothen out my hands. My tools were spread out on the floor and I realise...wah, looks like quite a lot hoh? I'm kind of a self-proclaimed scrooge so I never realised I'm well...a lil over-spending on beauty products. Maybe I should keep a record of all the items that helps me look my age. (Well, I used to look 30 when I was only 18?)


十大酷刑

Crucial items are the nail and skin filers, Sally Hansen's thick Callus remover cleanser which I use on both feet and hands. The exfoliation really makes my hands so smooth and soft and good to hold! Even I love holding my own hands...*clasps both hands in delight*

Right hand: I love you leftie, you look so sexy and fair!
Left Hand: I adore you rightie...you feel absolutely soft and tender.
Both: All Thanks to Sally Hansen! ( Claps against each other)




Over The Rainbow



Among all that a pair of eyes can see. I love colours. More than shapes and textures. That's why I'm very grateful that the physical challenge presented to me is cancer and not something like loss of sight. Whenever I think of my short-sighted, single lid eyes, I'm filled with gratitude and will greedily take in all the delicious colours I can see in this world.
Will that justify my collection of nail polish? I have around 30 I think, same as undergarment collection....and no, I didn't buy them to match each other but they might incidentally just be that way.


粉墨登场


Third came all my cheap foundations, (glad to see I've quited Estee Lauder's powder foundation fter my complexion improved) mascaras, eyebrow pencils, eye-shadows, blushers and lip colours. SPECIAL recommendation is ZA Eyebrow Pencil! Better than any other expensive brands. Dear thinks I have too much of everything as I put on such a negligible amount of stuff on my face.Then how?! Wayang faces are really not right for me mah.
Can see that I have some brand new items that I have not even taken out of their packaging yet? I mean, how to start using that tempting Estee masacara when I have 4 half-used ones? :( I'm so frivolous it's almost maddening.


The real rail guards


These are my collagen dews, serum, moisturizers, masks, hydrating cleansers, toothbrush, floss, perfumed body lotions and sunscreen. they are mostly contributed by Dear, meimei and her friends. I do NOT use ALL of them every single day. Depends on mood. However, the purple Estee Perfectionist serum, hydrating cleanser, Shiseido's moisturizer are MUST-APPLY items everyday. Another baby not in the picture is my Ellgy H2O hand and body lotion which I faithfully lavish on every inch of my body (sans the face) while I have my nightly phone chat with Deardeer.

A pair of exfoliating mittens from Bodyshop is what I wear for shower time when I will scrub and scrub my skin like a mad woman. That gets rid of the dry skin I have and gives a real glow to your body siah. If there's a risk of ruining a manicure when wearing the mittens, I'll switch to using the pink bath lily that Dear got for me. Works too, just not as vigorous scrubbing.

Okie, one might think I'm over zealous about this. I got reasons loh, ever since my hysterectomy last august, my oil glands went on a strike. My skin actually went from oily to flaky dry, think the operation caused it. Now I can't have children, can't have perfect skin also?! No way :p Hard work = Beauty.


The abandoned concubines.

These are the ones residing in 冷宫 most of the time. After I was on chemo, a strange phenomena took place. Suddenly I have the nose of a pedigree breed puppy. The slighest of smells can attract me or put me off. Now, I can only use a teeny weeeny bit of perfume from time to time so it seems I won't be able to finish these collection or it's duplicates in the near future ;/



Sunnies!

Heartbroken since my first pair of Gucci was stolen along with my whole bag when I brought my students out to watch a concert in a neighbourhood secondary school. Bought my second pair after that but it never replaced the emptiness the first one left in me....aaahh what crap. The second one not as nice lah, a sudden stroke of bad taste hit me that afternoon of purchase.

After that, I only bought cheap ones. Okie, the 3 Evita Peronis' were not exactly cheap cheap, but I still do have 3 that are less than 10 dollars cheap cheap cheap! And they are smashing! Why are my glasses mostly big? I have big face ok, big face goes with humongous glasses...satisfied? Gives the illusion I have big eyes too!

2 Comments:

At March 27, 2006 2:53 PM, Blogger ah bao said...

wow!!! wat a collection!! where do u find space to put all those stuff??

 
At March 07, 2007 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105