I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

28/12/05 PAIN IN MY BONE

Woke up with a sharp pain in my right pelvis bone this morning. I truly understand the paranoia that sick people feel now. Read somewhere that breast cancer and cancer in the abdomen has a high chance of spreading to other organs and bones, reminded me of this guy with bone cancer I met in Kampong Senang. He had trouble even just lying straight in bed because the pain in his thigh will be too much to bear. An auntie told me he is suppose to go for amputation but insisted on trying healing through the right foods and lifestyle. I wonder how he is doing now.

Well, what is Kampong Senang? It's this wonderful place down at Tampines Street 81(I think) Blk 840. Every Saturday they will sell organic food and groceries. Other days, they have courses, talks, volunteer programs all for the benefit of people who are sick. Across the block, there's another affliated organisation for children who have difficulty in learning, where my inspiration for blogname 'xiaodoudou' came from!

My mum's friend...hmm Ros called her the Organic Auntie, she volunteers there every week, delivering a variety of organic groceries to the homes of cancer patients.

She has told me about this woman she met whose husband left her after she got cancer, I didn't know how to respond because I could not understand or even imagine that kind of pain. All I can say is, "Thank you Feng, for not forsaking me and in fact loving me more when I was at my lowest."

This is Kampong Senang (KS)'s front door. It's situated at the void deck, with chairs and tables for people to enjoy an organic meal on Saturdays.


This is a corner room where medical advice is given to helpless and poor patients I guess, I've never been inside though.

KS has its own Organic fruit and Vegetable farm at the doorstep! Cool~~ Meimei brought Wawa for a walk around the mini plot before.

Places like this offer such comfort and consolation to people like me. Seeing all the other cancer-striken people made me feel I'm not alone in this world of misfortunes. From there, slowly, learnt to appreciate the concern and love I enjoy from family, dear n friends.

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105