I love my family and deardeer

This is a record of my life from the day I started my treatments for stage 3c cancer.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

26/01/06 FANTASTIC AS EXPECTED!

Minling so nice, carried all the tissue she bought for me in Bangkok to my house from school. A pity she got mixed up and bought plain winnie the pooh packaging tissue instead of printed hello kitty tissue. But it's the thought that counts and you're a great pal Minling!

We chatted a bit at home, went through my most recent photo album and then head to Heeren to do some shopping as I wait for Ros while she wait for her friends. We shopped a bit..bored then checked out the 9th floor of Cineleisure, the game room chamber that stretches out at a corner were pretty interesting. Got bean bags, sofas, huge flat screen tv and two monitors each for gaming. After that, we finally settled at the new cafe( forgot name) that replaces the old Lips Cafe on the 5th floor.

Had a pineapple italian soda that Minling feels taste like pineapple syrup from canned cocktail pineapples, and a plate of mozzarella cheese sticks that were super super chewy and stretchy! I took a bite and see this!

This is already the shortest it can go, we continued to pull and it went so long, loopy and all. Quite fun to eat but too salty.

Got a call from Ros and realized I got 10 miss calls from her before that! The music at the cafe was so loud, we didn't hear my phone ring. Minling is pretty impressed that Ros never gets angry with me. I'm very blessed and happy to have such a patient and loving gf too. Thank you Darling Deardeer!

Anyway, Minling head off to meet her two guy friends whom she claims are her sisters :P then me and Dear went to Ngee Ann City. This Sabai Thai restaurant there on the 5th floor I think, I likeeeeeeee. Totally red dramatic setting with soft thai music in the background (which Ros finds disturbing :p).


The dessert buffet spread is right in the middle of the restaurant where the big mirror is.

The red dramatic walls makes the place a lil dark which I like. Love soft lighting, always set the right ambience for food, for anything!

We had 3 dishes and the dessert buffet. This is the starter, pomelo salad. Great balance of flavours~ a slightly tangy freshness from the fruit, peanut scent and crunch and a slightly spicy aftertaste. Aah. The white cream on top is coconut cream to give a thai punch I suppose.

Then we also had Thai red curry with pork, very shiok spicy thai curry but a bit too heaty for me. Pork very tender....just like the tender beef we had in the green curry when we visited the restaurant last year. The little sweet potatoes in the curry were cut to the shape of flowers!

I must document the Pineapple Fried Rice! Totally satisfied my fried rice craving. Every single rice grain is yellow and a mouthful of it fills my heart with pineapple, curry and carrot sweetness. Every mouthful of that fragrant stuff delights me.

After the flower shaped sweet potatoes, also got flower shaped jackfruit and heart shaped papayas! Can't believe the people there, sooo cute! All the small papaya hearts in the fruit section look so tempting.These are some of the dessert selection, it's tedious to go through all of them one by one but I remember water chestnut mini pudding, delicious coconut milk with tapioca, bananas and red beans coated with glutinous rice wrapped in pandan leaves etc Yummy, period.

Before we left, got small silver dish of jasmine flowers, toothpicks and mentos which all we didn't have any use for. Hahaha. I joked about putting the flowers in my hair then suggested maybe it was to de-odourize armpits..ok I know, GROSS. Had a good experience~~~~good service ^_^ good food ^_^ great company ^_^

Went to Taka to help Ros shop for underwear but all the small sizes were sold out, incredible. She complaint why all the bui bos don't wear the type she like and I glared at her. I like to wear large size also, that means I am bui bo?!

Rushed to 37 degrees in Heeren after that but it was closed so ended up shopping around Jazz/classical section in HMV. So romantic to be surrounded by jazz music, we almost ended up dancing and sashaying non-stop inside. I must have been mad!

Feel so in love it's unbelieveable, how can we so throughly enjoy being with each other!? Sometimes I think passerbys must think we are two xiao char bohs, always hold hands, hugging, whispering and laughing, but cannot help it! Feel so 幸福 to be together!!!

Medical Practice Management Software
since 050105